Broads Spirituality – a basic guideThe Broads of Norfolk and Suffolk have unique qualities which draw people back time and time again. During leisure time – on holiday, short breaks or away days it is possible for us to slow down, or even stop, and interact in new ways with the beauty, and the wonders that surround us.
‘Broads Spirituality’ publications and courses seek to be aids to encourage those who work, and 'play', in and on the Broads to really pause, and look with fresh eyes to see with a sense of wholeness all that the environment has to offer.
The movement from recreation to REcreation is about using all of our senses and then asking the questions:
- what am I really experiencing; seeing, hearing, smelling, touching and tasting?
- are there things in the natural world, the creation around me that point to a creative process, and a Creator?
- how does this speak to me?
- how does this make me feel?
- how might I respond?
- writing simple poems
- the keeping of a journal
- noting down what you see
- making mental map drawings
- making simple sketches
- making lists
- making a scrap book
- making a collage
- deciding to join a Broads group or organisation
- simply allowing the feelings or warmth, 'it's good to be alive' and thanks sweep over you
Even the simplest things that help you to stop, really look and reflect for a while, may well enhance your experience and your time of REcreation on the Broads.